Conditions Treated With Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Learn More About Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in the Greater Baltimore Area
Some conditions are known to last a lifetime. Hypothyroidism, arthritis and diabetes are a few examples. Yet, a common link between them all is unbalanced hormone levels in the body. This is also true for common symptoms that are unrelated to one specific disease, such as depression, weight gain, sexual dysfunction and impaired memory. So, what might happen to those conditions and symptoms if your hormone levels were brought into balance?
Your body’s hormones carry out many critical functions. When they are out of balance, a chronic disease or a cluster of symptoms is often the result. As more and more people are taking control over their health and well-being, many are turning to Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy as a safe, natural alternative to synthetic drugs and a life of misery.
Exploring BHRT as a Healthcare Option
BHRT uses soy and yam plants as its two main ingredients. That is because the genetic makeup of powerful, natural chemicals in these plants are nearly a perfect match to the hormones produced by the human body. Since your body doesn’t distinguish natural bioidentical hormones from the ones produced in your own body, it absorbs those compounds quickly and effectively. This allows for faster relief of your symptoms, even those caused by a lifelong health condition. BHRT is also customized for each patient in the Central Maryland Metro Area.
BHRT in Baltimore for Treatment of Specific Health Issues
When you come in for your initial assessment with a Baltimore BHRT Specialist, be sure to discuss your complete health history. This includes chronic conditions as well as any other symptoms you may be struggling with. Having this information ensures that your provider can create a customized compound for you.
Common Conditions Treated with Bioidentical Hormones
The above list highlights just four long-term health problems that can improve with BHRT. However, there are dozens more. Find out if your condition can be treated with BHRT. Contact a BHRT Specialist in Baltimore today to learn more.
- Addison’s Disease
- The symptoms of this condition include anemia, weakness, skin discoloration and low blood pressure. This disorder occurs when the adrenal cortex does not produce enough cortisol and other essential hormones. BHRT allows your adrenal glands to function normally and restore your energy and skin tone.
- If you’ve struggled with conceiving, your hormones may be to blame. Don’t lose hope. It often takes a lot of detective work to discover a hormone imbalance such as low estrogen in women or low testosterone in men. Once uncovered, most hormonal issues of the reproductive system respond favorably to BHRT.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- This is a general term for disorders of the gut, including diarrhea, constipation, diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. Estrogen and progesterone are known to play a big role in gut health. Motilin and cholecystokinin do as well. After determining which hormones are deficient, your doctor can provide natural replacements to help you feel better.
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- This disorder of the endocrine system causes widespread pain and fatigue. It affects the brain, skin, kidneys and joints the most. Lupus is also an autoimmune disorder, which means that the body mistakenly attacks healthy cells. Hormone balancing with BHRT helps each of the body’s systems to receive the message to nurture healthy cells and not reject them. While this is a chronic condition, proper hormone balancing can help to ease symptoms significantly.
Find Baltimore, Maryland Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Near You